The Republic of Malta, is a Southern European island nation in the Mediterranean Sea, lying 80 km south of Italy. It has been a member of the EU since 2004, and of the Schengen Area since 2007. The only citizenship program has visa-free to the USA.
Why Invest in Malta?
Malta’s Citizenship by Investment route, now known as the Maltese Citizenship by Naturalization for Exceptional Services by Direct Investment (MEIN), is aimed at ultra-high net worth individuals.
– Individual investors must make a minimum contribution of €600,000 to the national development fund set up by the government and prove 36 months of residency.
– Or a contribution of €750,000 and evidence of 12 months residency.
– Investors must also contribute €50,000 per each additional dependent included in their application.
– In addition to the contribution, investors must also invest a further €700,000 into residential real estate or enter into a rental agreement at a minimum value of €16,000 per year which must be maintained for five years.
– A compulsory donation of €10,000 to a registered philanthropic, cultural, sport, scientific, animal welfare, or artistic non-governmental approved organization or society is also required